I am super lucky this year to have been offered media accreditation to the Calgary Stampede which allows me to come and go to the countries biggest hoe down at my leisure. A great step up from last year when I had to shell out 15 clams every time I would visit the grounds. But what are you actually paying for and is $15 worth it?
Answer: Darn Tootin!
The Stampede offers world-class entertainment as a part of your admission to the grounds. There is no extra fee to partake in dozens of extra entertainment.
Today is one of my dream days on the grounds. Playing on the Coca Cola stage (sponsored by Kool 101.5) are 5 fantastic artists, 4 of whom I can’t wait to see!
Today starting at 1:30pm you will be treated to Alyssa Reid, she is hot right now for her re-do of Alone by Heart.
Next up we have the hottie Shawn Desman best known for Electric/Night Like This at 2:15pm.
Then the lovely Fefe Dobson at 3:15pm will most definitely sing Stuttering.
Justin Nozuka will stop by at 8pm, just before an amazing performance from Lights at 9:30pm.
Now if that aint enough for you penny pinchers that think 15 smack-a-roos is still too much, how about all of this;
- Country Music Recording Artist Deric Ruttan in Nashville Norths
- Hypnotist Terry Stokes at Coca Cola Stage
- Olympic gold medalist Jamie Sale & David Pelletier in Enmax Ice Show
- Spring Up Trampoline Wall Show at Bell Stage
- High Dive Show at Bell Stage
- Freestyle Extreme Motocross at Bell Stage
- IGNITE (showbands, fire whips, contortion and fire diving) at Bell Stage
- Superdogs at Big Four Building
- Fashion Show and Model Search
- Barney in BMO Kids Zone
- All the Animals you can handle…
This is just a portion of what happens for free in one day at the Calgary Stampede. If you’re need a little more guidance on how to Stampede like a pro, visit their on-line planner and make your own cattle run for the day.
I’ll be screaming along with you all today at Coca Cola Stage!
Mr. Fab 101.5 fm